Friday, March 9, 2012

Chicken Nuggets- a surprise win for me!

So as I have mentioned I started working out and I have also tried to eat better. I refuse to go on a diet because that messes with my head and makes me want to eat more. But as you have heard before it is about changing your lifestyle and eating patterns so that is what I am trying to do. I have discovered there are a lot of smart moms out there with great blogs and they share their recipes. I know I am so behind the times. Sunday Baker is one of those and she has some great recipes as well as Moma and Baby Love. I made some homemade chicken nuggets and what I borrowed from her recipe was that she used parmesan in the crumb mix. I also added flax seed to give those well needed omega threes. Now I am not a nutritionist and I have been known for eat bad food until the cows come home but I am just trying to make a change for me and my kids. Anyway I digress the kids loved the chicken nuggets and I am going to try to make these and freeze them so that when we want chicken nuggets they are ready. Let’s face it the appeal to the chicken nugget is that it is convenient so I am going to try and make my health versions more convenient. I change up recipes like I change up decorating ideas. I just use what I have and make it work. I didn’t have almond flour and I looked for it in the store but it was really expensive. Her recipe was to be gluten free and I didn't need mine to be so I used some regular flour and bread crumbs the parmesan made them taste really good and we couldn't even taste the flax seed. Here is a pic and here is my recipe:
So I did some more surfing and found this blog and her recipe was almost the same as mine but I added flax seed. Skinny Taste Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment